Meet our Executive Chef, Dillon Kao
01/09/2012 11:28 AM - Jennifer Keefe, Director of Catering
|Chef Dillon started at Sweetwater Country Club in 2006 and quickly became one of the stars of the Sweetwater Team. From his cooking classes at the Club, to his Dinner Impossible gatherings in Member’s homes, his talent and hilarious sense of humor have won him a special place in the hearts of Members and guests alike. But here are some little known but interesting facts about our beloved Chef Dillon…
- He is originally from Columbo, Sri Lanka where is lived the first 22 years of his life
- He is 36 years old and has been married to his darling wife Lettie for 3 years
- He worked at the Ritz Carlton, Palm Beach, hence his passion of preparing seafood
- He has expertise in American Continental, Indian, Sri Lankan, Italian, Sushi and more
- Will host a private cooking class in our kitchen for your staff or family
- Carves ice sculptures and ice bars (for hours each day he can be found in our freezer)
- Loves to create what he calls “experiential” stations for all types of events in which food also becomes a form of entertainment
- He loves to visit with Members and create a special customized menu with all the perfect touches that fit their lives and styles instead cooking “cookie-cutter” menus
- And in his spare time (ha, ha!) Dillon loves to rebuild and race dirt bikes, which he did professionally in his past life
Chef Dillon at work.
Call our Catering Professional at 281.980.4100 (or CLICK HERE) today and allow us show you our celebrated tradition of elegance and fine service.