Frequently Asked Questions…
1. Do you have to be a Member to have an event at the Club? No, we welcome both Member and Non-Member business.
2. How long is the rental of the Club? You receive 5 hours of actual event time at the Club, in addition to the vendor setup and breakdown time. If you are having your ceremony at the Club, we add an additional ½ hour of time. Beyond that, additional hours may be added for a fee.
3. Do you allow outside catering or alcohol to be brought in? We do allow licensed outside “ethnic” caterers to bring in food. We charge $5 per guest which goes towards the food & beverage minimum and covers the use of our chafers, silverware, glass, china, etc. Your must still meet the food and beverage minimum set forth. Our Chef is well versed in preparing Indian food, so why not use our catering. We do not allow outside liquor to be brought into the Club. All alcoholic beverages must be purchased through Sweetwater. We have a variety of packages or consumption bars to suit your specific needs.
4. Where are ceremonies held at the Club? There are three options: outside on the golf course or inside one of two rooms depending on the size of your group. We also have dressing areas for the bridal party.
5. Do I need to hire a Wedding Coordinator? Our tenured Coordinators & Staff help you all the way through the planning process of the ceremony & reception at Sweetwater Country Club. We make sure your event is coordinated and runs smoothly from beginning to end. In the event that you need a coordinator to help you with all aspects of your planning from day the of engagement through makeup, we have wonderful coordinators that we can refer for you.
6. Do I need to use your recommended vendors? We highly recommend that you choose to work with our vendors for extreme quality, reliability and personality. But you are welcome to use anyone you would like for cakes, photographers, DJ’s, Bands, Videography, etc.
7. What is the amount required for a deposit? We require a deposit of 30% of your food and beverage minimum. That amount goes towards your balance. 4 months prior to the wedding, ½ of the estimated balance is due. 7 days prior to the wedding is when your final guest count and final payment are both due. We accept checks or credit cards for deposits/payments.
8. What if I don’t see my “perfect” menu in your packet? We love to customize our menus to fit your specific tastes and needs. Just let us know the direction you wish to go and our Chef and Catering Team will help you create the perfect menu for your event.
9. Does Sweetwater provide a tasting? We do provide a complimentary menu tasting for two people. You are welcome to bring additional guests and share the plates we provide. Chef prefers to do the tasting in the 3 month window prior to your event. Tastings are booked Tues-Fri at 11am or 5pm, and Saturdays between 11am and 5pm.
10. How many guests can Sweetwater accommodate? Our Grand Ballroom can seat up to 260 with a dance floor, or 300 without. For a cocktail reception up to 400. We also have smaller more intimate rooms available for smaller groups.
Call our Catering Professional at 281.980.4100 (or CLICK HERE) today and allow us show you our celebrated tradition of elegance and fine service.